Student Application for Soaring Minds Education(SME)
Registration is easy as 1-2-3:
1. Make credit card payment OR obtain an Enrollment Certificate/Voucher from your Charter School
2. Fill out this application, leave no blank, including the upload of your payment receipt OR Charter School Voucher, no symbols in the phone number
3. Submit one application per student and anticipate a confirmation email from us (your payment receipt is NOT your confirmation)
COVID Update: ALL our locations are currently open and meeting in-person. In the event your top choices are NOT open by our September start date, you will receive a full refund or the opportunity to choose an alternate location.
Class days and workshops are for students ages 6-17
TK/K program is for students ages 4/5 by first day of class
Teen class is for students ages 13-17
* Student's First Name
* Student's Last Name
* Student's Date of Birth (including correct year)
Charter School Affiliation
We file Private School Affidavit and will pay out-of-pocket
Class Day Selections
Class Day Location #1(select ONLY if taking 1 Class Day per Week)
Class Day Location #2 (select ONLY if taking 2 class days per week)
* Student's Allergies
* Student's Sensitivities(ie, noises, food dislikes)
Student's Special Interests
* Mother's First Name
* Mother's Last Name
* Mother's Phone (no parenthesis)
* Mother's Email Address
* Father's First Name
* Father's Last Name
* Father's Phone (no parenthesis)
* Father's Email Address
* Who else is authorized to pick up student, other than mother and father, if parents can't be reached?
* Cell Number (no parenthesis)
Student's Doctor's Name
Student's Doctor's Phone Number (no parenthesis)
Proof of Funding is Required
We can accept any one of the items below:
1. an "approved" voucher or enrichment certificate
2. a credit card payment made to our Square account: https://www.soaringmindsedu.com/shop
* Payment is for Attendance Beginning on:
* Payment is for Attendance Ending on:
* Payment is for:
Policies and Procedures
At Soaring Minds, we strive to enhance your children’s education by providing them with learning opportunities that are exciting, relevant, and unique. Below are some policies and procedures to note about our program.
• Students should be dropped off at the designated spot every morning no earlier than 5 minutes before class time. If we leave the drop-off area before you arrive, please refer to the monthly schedule email regarding where we will be that day. If you still don’t know where to find us, please call the designated site supervisor for that location.
• Please make sure your child has a lunch, bottle of water, notebook and bag of colored pencils.
• If your child is sick, please do not bring them to class. If you're being contacted by our supervisor regarding your child's illness, please make arrangement to have your child picked up within an hour. During this hour, your child will be separated from the group and not permitted to participate. It is in your child's best interest that he/she be picked up as soon as possible.
• Late pickups will accrue a $3 fee per minute payable before the next class day. Three late pickups will
result in expulsion from the program. Families with unpaid late fees will not be permitted to return to class until the balance is paid in full.
• Refunds will only be provided if SME receives a 2-week notice of your plans to withdraw from classes.
• Students should display their very best manners when in class. This means using their most quiet, indoor voices and keeping their hands to themselves.
• While we appreciate parents being with us during our class days, we cannot allow younger siblings to disrupt the learning environment, therefore younger siblings not enrolled in the program are not allowed in class. SME if a drop-off program. Parents who choose to stay must submit a Live Scan form and an official volunteer application to SME. Locations of available volunteer opportunities cannot be guaranteed.
• Eating and drinking is only allowed when we ae outdoors.
• Before lining up, students should leave their work area completely clean. In order to increase speaking skills and confidence, we encourage our students to walk up to the instructors and thank them for their time with eye contact. Many of our class days are in public places with lots of activity going on, so students are reminded to pay attention as they walk from one activity to the next.
Thank you for being part of Soaring Minds Education! We love serving our families in an effort to enhance their children’s education. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Publicity Release Agreement
Soaring Minds Education requests your permission to reproduce through printed, audio, visual, or electronic means activities in which your child has participated in his/her education program. Your authorization will enable us to use prepared materials to increase public awareness and promote continuation and improvement of education programs through the use of mass media, displays, brochures, websites, etc.
I fully authorize and grant Soaring Minds Education and its authorized representatives, the right to print, photograph, record, and edit as desired, the biographical information, name, image, likeness, and/or voice of my child on audio, video, film, slide, or any other electronic and printed formats, currently developed, for the purposes stated or related to the above.
I understand and agree that use of such recordings will be without any compensation to me and my child.
I understand and agree that Soaring Minds Education and/or its authorized representatives shall have the exclusive right, title, and interest, including copyright, in the recordings.
I understand and agree that Soaring Minds Education and/or its authorized representatives shall have the unlimited right to use the recordings for any purposes stated or related to the above.
I hereby release and hold harmless Soaring Minds Education and its authorized representatives from any and all actions, claims, damages, costs, or expenses, including attorney’s fees, brought by me and my child which relate to or arise out of any use of these recordings as specified above.
Liability Waiver Agreement
I understand that participation in the Soaring Minds Education program may include actions or tasks which may be hazardous to my child. By signing below, I assume the risk of harm or injury which might occur to my child due to their participation in an event or class happening with Soaring Minds Education or nearby venue. I release Soaring Minds Education (and said venue) from all liability, costs, and damages which might arise from participation in the event or class run by Soaring Minds Education staff and instructors.
I agree that the minor has my consent to participate in the event or class. I further provide my consent for Soaring Minds staff to seek emergency treatment for the minor if necessary. I agree to accept financial responsibility for the costs related to the emergency treatment.
I give my permission for my child to be photographed and/or videotaped while attending classes with Soaring Minds Education. I authorize Soaring Minds Education to use these photos or videos for publicity and educational purposes.
1. Expectations of Students:
A. Listen to instruction & follow rules. We will be walking from one class to another and participating in workshops run by various educators. It's extremely important that students pay attention to what's going on and follow directions throughout the day.
B. All students should be respectful and on task during class times. While we welcome our students collaborating and enjoying their project together, distracting and disrupting behaviors will be discouraged.
C. First warning: verbal reminder. 2nd warning: short time away from class activities. 3rd warning: parent to step in and chaperone in the class, or site supervisor will remove student from class for the remaining time. It is not acceptable for any student to negatively interfere with the learning of the other students.
We reserve the right to remove any student who refuses to comply with reasonable behavior standards. Please note: all students will be on 4-week probationary period to ensure SME is a good fit.
2. Expectations of Parents:
A. Be courteous to all educators, site supervisor and students. Alert the site supervisor and/or educator of any concerns with any student in class.
B. Parents are welcome to stay and observe on the first day of class, but are reminded that our program is completely drop-off. Parents may volunteer at SME, provided they have submitted a Live Scan form and they are mindful of not diverting the attention of students by carrying on conversations with other adults or talking over the voice of educators. We cannot guarantee the location of any open volunteer opportunities.
C. If your child will be tardy or absent, please inform us as soon as possible so we can plan accordingly (the minimum numbers are confirmed with the instructors ahead of time, so any changes need to be taken into consideration). Under no circumstance should you feel obligated to attend every single class if you are not able to. If you are late, you must make contact with the site supervisor, walk your child to class and sign in for the day.
For class day, all students should bring with them a backpack including these 4 items:
1. notebook with loose leaf college ruled paper (wide for younger children)
2. pencil bag with pencils, colored pencils and erasers
3. lunch and plenty of snacks (they will be on the go!)
4. a bottle of water